can someone explain this one to me?
jets offer LT 2 year/5 million
N.F.L. Roundup - Tomlinson Visits Jets but Makes No Decision - NYTimes.com
can someone explain this one to me?
jets offer LT 2 year/5 million
N.F.L. Roundup - Tomlinson Visits Jets but Makes No Decision - NYTimes.com
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
ME ME PICK ME!! OOOOOOH OOOOOH ME ME
because they have someone they think can produce with running (dont know why they figured thomas couldnt) and now they have one of the best recievers out of the backfield ever in free agency (LT) they get a weapon they wouldnt have had with thomas. LT is still considered one of the best route running recievers and thomas didnt want that role. had nothing to do with age with LT. just a different style weapon out of the backfield. the big question there was why that the chargers didnt keep him for a 3DB seeing as how he still has this talent.
Cant we all just get along?
well, i've made my position on the Jets getting rid of TJ very clear. stupid. now with that being said can I see what they are doing with LT? I think so. If they kept TJ there, it was going to be, well, I don't think TJ would give up the starting job just like that, Green would have to take it from him. this would cause a bit of a riff in the team. as we already know, many Jets are ****ed that they cut TJ and if they just handed over the starting job to Green it would not be good. Also bringing someone else in you can dictate, tell them "you are going in as a back-up" and difuse the situation right off the bat.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
but they would not give TJ 2 years/$5 million, but they offered LT that same exact contract
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
yes, for the reasons I outlined above. TJ is not going to give up his starting job just like that. the team GIVES the starting job to Greene. the players get p1ssed and team is divided over players. (can anyone say Chicago when the Bears wanted to GIVE Benson the starting job over TJ) Bringing in LT they dictate up front " you are the back-up to Greene" no locker room controversy. They will expect Greene to be a 1,200yd back and LT only has to produce 700-900yds.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
for all the reasons I see this making sense, I can find more that it doesn't.
Great deal by the jets to get cromartie, but man are they dropping the ball on this.
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
Bookmarks